Volunteering as a College Student
College is about finding your path and advancing yourself and your life into the future. Volunteering abroad is an excellent way to do just that! By choosing a project in your area of study you can gain unique and valuable experiences to add to your degree. You can get hands on experience in what you learn about in the classroom, and have an unforgettable time doing it.
“I would definitely recommend for someone to volunteer abroad because the experience is just one that cannot be recreated by staying within your boundaries. It challenges you outside of your comfort zone, but in a meaningful way where you get to give back to society.”
– Sylvia T. – Hong Kong
Top Reasons To Volunteer Abroad in College:
- Better Prepared For College: Your time volunteering on our programs will no doubt prepare you well for many of the experiences that you’ll face in college. Volunteering abroad gives you a sense of independence and is a great way to build self-confidence. From meeting new people, to time-management to working in groups, there are countless lessons to be learned volunteering abroad that overlap with college experiences as well.
- Hands-on Experience: Instead of just taking notes and studying your area of interest, why not directly experience it? We offer thousands of different volunteer opportunities that you can search for by selecting your work type of interest. It’s easy to find the perfect fit.
- Earn College Credit: Although our programs are not designed to directly offer specific college credit, many students successfully talk to their advisers and deans to create an independent study option and we are happy to help in that process to create a goof fit.
- Flexible Dates: Whether you’re looking to volunteer over spring break, winter break or the summer we offer many different length volunteer opportunities that can fit into your schedule. Although the majority of programs are most active in the summer months, we have year round programs as well.
- Productive Summer Break: Instead of going home for the summer, eating all the free food in your parents’ fridge and binge watching Netflix, why not have the adventure of a lifetime! Not only will volunteering abroad be much more exciting than a summer back home, you’ll gain skills, friends and memories that will stay with you forever. Whether you’re looking for a short term project of a few weeks, or a whole summers worth of volunteering we have thousands of opportunities for you.
- Stand Out to Employers: An international volunteer experience on your resume jumps off the page to potential career and internship employers. It shows that you took initiative and wanted to go above and beyond the normal college experience to learn more about the world outside of your campus.
“I’ve just got to say, this was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I love telling people about it! I am still in contact with some of my friends that I met there. We have a Facebook group to keep in contact and I plan to visit some of them after I graduate next year.”
– Hailey P. – France